Saturday, June 6, 2009




Yeah, Saturday is finally here, my favorite day of the week. I am so glad that school is out for the summer. It is nice to only have to get myself up in the mornings. No fighting with kids because they stayed up to late and now don't want to get up. No fighting with kids to get out the door on time. I have the mornings to myself and it is heaven.

On Tuesday, I meet my best friend from childhood for dinner at Z Tejas (amazing food, I could eat there every night). She lives in Okinawa with her darling husband and they are here visiting because they have 2 granddaughters graduating from high school. We haven't seen each other since 1988. We had a great time and it was so nice catching up on what is going on with families. I could have talked to her all night.

Wednesday was high school graduation. Alex graduated and is now officially done with school. That is until she decides what she is going to do for the rest of her life. She wants to have her own preschool. I think that is an awesome goal and she is so good with kids. The graduation was okay, but I was very disappointed that it wasn't organized better and that we had to drive to Salt Lake. But it was very exciting to see her graduate and I am so proud of her. After the ceremony we went to dinner and of course she wanted to go to the Spaghetti Factory. (her second favorite restaurant). When we got to the restaurant they weren't very busy so we figured that we would be seated pretty quick and be headed home before to long but alas this was not to be. About 5 minutes after we got there. The whole place started filling up with people. Of course we recognized them as or fellow Tooeleans. Needless to say the Spaghetti Factory that closes at 9:30 on week nights was still hopping at 10:00. But the staff was great and they were very accommodating to every one. One advantage to going right before they close it that you get hot fresh loaves of bread.

Friday was Katelyn's birthday I can't believe that she is 15. She decided that she was going to spend her birthday at the PRCA rodeo with her friends and we will celebrate as a family on Sunday. I don't think that I am ready for this. My kids are growing up way to fast and before you know it they are going to be out in the world without me to protect them.

That brings us to today. I would like to just relax and veg and not do anything but watch movies but I need to get busy. I have to get the tire fixed( to flat to drive on) take Alex to work, find softball uniforms and go to softball games. Pick Alex up from work and sometime figure out when I can go grocery shopping. Anyway that is it for now. I have to try to figure out how to upload pictures so that I can post them to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment