Thursday, June 18, 2009

I would like to share with all my favorite author. Let me just start by saying that I love to read and I have a lot of authors that I would recommend people read, but I have one author that I hold dear. His name is Richard Paul Evans, and he lives in right here in Utah. He started by writing a book for his daughters and when he couldn't get anyone to publish his book he did it himself. Not because he was so sure that it was that good but because everyone that read the story told him that it was that good. Just goes to show you that there is probably alot of talented people out there but they give up because no one has faith in them.

Anyway, he writes adult fiction as well as childrens books and even has written a self help book. Recently, I was catching up on my email and I had one from him. There is a link there to his books so I decided to check it out. I have all of the adult books ( 2 copies of some of them) but I have always wanted this particular childrens book titled The Dance, but I could never find it in any of the stores and I found it once on Amazon but it was used. So long story short, I ordered it and I got it in the mail yesterday. I plan on reading this book to my granddaughter over and over again. But it made me cry, I miss my kids being young and sweet. I don't know about this teenager thing. You would think that after this long I would be used to it but it seems like each one of my child poses their own set of rules when they become a teenager. If I manage to remain sane after all this it will truly be a miracle.

So, if you are looking for a good book to read that has a truly special meaning behind it, check out his latest book Grace. It is a tear jerker but is about a cause that he cares very deeply about. And on that note, I will sign off for it is time for me to hit the old bed for tomorrow is Friday and hopefully the start of a great weekend. Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment