Sunday, June 28, 2009

So Beautiful

Okay, I want to start this post with a disclaimer. To all my friends that know me and know that I am not religious at all please keep in mind that nothing has changed. I still believe in God just not religion. On that same note, some things are just too beautiful to keep to yourself regardless of how it is interpreted.

Last night I had the pleasure of going with my sister-in-law Annette and her family to see the new LDS temple. I have to say that I was blown away by the beauty. The pictures on the walls, the furniture and the chandeliers, even the windows and the mirrors. It was truly one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen.

I went because I have always been curious as to what the temples looked like inside and because of the way that I believe I knew that this would be one chance that I would get to see it. I am not sorry that I went in fact I am so very happy that I went. I would encourage any one to seize the opportunity to take a tour of a temple if you are able to.

My favorite room is called the Celestial Room. Even if you know nothing about the LDS religion, when approaching this room you feel a inner peace. I don't really know how to describe it but you just have this calm feeling that comes over you and when you walk into the room itself you are overwhelmed by the beauty. I guess I would describe it as heaven on earth.

I don't know how to explain this next part without sounding like I may be a little off my rocker to some of you, but here goes. I felt my daughter was with me last night. As I sat in the sealing room I could feel her with me. As I walked past the brides room where the bride changes her clothes and can fix her hair and make-up, I felt her with me and as I walked out of the doors onto the grounds where pictures can be taken and family members are waiting for the bride and groom I felt her with me. And I cried because I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment