Sunday, September 27, 2009

Too Long



Okay, it has been forever since I posted on this blog so here goes. We have all been busy with the everyday things. Currently, we are trying to do a little remodel on our house. I can tell you that it has been a challenge. We decided to take the old vinyl siding off and paint the wood siding that is underneath. Well, that was going pretty well until we got to the front of the house and found out that they had taken the original boards off the top 2/3 of the house. Let me tell you that I have a whole new respect for people that do this for a living. I know that they have better resources than we do but what a pain to find something that would work. It would seem that in order to find what was used originally we would have to special order it and then we couldn't even get it that way. We did end up with some siding that we got at Home Depot (I really don't like that store but what do you do when it is the only store in your town). So anyway, after much trial and error we are almost done with that part of the project and can paint hopefully this week.

On a lighter note, Jeff's sister Michelle came out here for a visit. She lives in Tennessee but our niece Samantha lives here with her little boy, Colby. So Michelle likes to try and come out often so that she gets to see him. He is so cute. I can't wait until Summer has her baby girl, I am so excited. Anyway, while Michelle was here she came out to our house with Colby and we spent the day together. It was great to visit and catch up. Then we decided that we should get together with her and Samantha so we went to dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ. I had never been there so I was a little worried. I love good BBQ but it is so hard to find in the land of green jello and casseroles (don't get me wrong I love casseroles). Well anyway, I was not disappointed the food was awesome. Definitely a restaurant I will visit again. At the end of the week we went to over to Samantha's grandparents house and had a backyard barbeque with them. We have seen them for about 13 years and it was so nice to see everyone again and catch up on what is going on in everyone's life. The next day Michelle had to go back home and I miss her. I wish that she would move back to Utah and bring her Mom with her. I wish that my kids could see their grandma more often.

On Sept 11th we had a baby shower for Summer. It was a lot of fun and she got some really cute things. She invited 81 people so my sister-in-law had the shower for her at her commons area in in subdivision. I wish that we had something like this. It is like a little park set in the middle of the houses in the neighborhood. There is not playground equipment but it is pretty big and a really nice place to have parties and such. My niece Heidi had her wedding reception there and it just so pretty. Anyway, back to the shower. I had Vicki (a coworker) make a Winnie the Pooh out of jello. It turned out so cute. I will try to find a picture to post. Annette ordered a big cake from Albertson's with cute little pink booties on top. It was so good, even though I don't like strawberry. Summer got a ton of clothes for Mykayeleigh, a bathtub, two diaper bags, diapers, toiletries and her very first Halloween costume. (She will make the cutest little Winnie the Pooh).


Anyway, I think that is it for now. I will try to post more later. Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment